Friday, August 20, 2010

30 before 40

I’m 30. I've made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I am 40. I had a list in my head of things that I wanted to do before I turned the big 3-0. I met only about half of those goals. So, either I was a slacker or just didn’t have the resources to reach them. Now I have no excuse. They have been written (although not in stone) and must be achieved!

1) Build my dream home. My OCD and decorating skills are yearning to be utilized in this way. A whole house from scratch, just the way I want it. Can’t wait!

2) Have lots of babies. Okay, not lots, but at least one. I’m not getting any younger.

3) See the Northern Lights. Who wouldn’t want to do that?

4) Open my own Bookstore/Decorating/Organizing business. See my blog Big Dreams.

5) Swim with dolphins.

6) Visit the 10 most romantic U.S. cities according to Yahoo!. Las Vegas and Miami…check. Honolulu, Charleston, San Francisco, New Orleans, Santa Fe, San Diego, San Antonio, and New York to go.

7) Visit the Louvre.

8) Be a member of the audience of a TV show (SNL, David Letterman, Oprah)

9) Visit Ireland and Italy.

10) Achieve my ideal weight…1xx. Did you actually think I was going to tell you?

11) Have a vacation home in the mountains.

12) Drive along Route 66 in an RV. This one probably won’t happen until we’re retired, but I can hope!

13) Purchase a really, really expensive purse. I’m thinking Coach…the Madison Embossed Exotic. This will happen soon. I’m obsessed.

14) Earn the salary that I know I am worth.

15) Fly first class. This can easily be accomplished with my Air Tran A+ Rewards card. But, I just need the time (and money) to go somewhere.

16) Attend a movie premiere.

17) Invent something. I’ve been trying to think of a way to let Maggie out from the 2nd floor of our house…a doggy elevator type thing.

18) Get my Masters degree.

19) Volunteer. I don’t do it. I need to.

20) Spend New Year’s Eve at Times Square.

21) Ride in a hot air balloon. Even though I am terrified of heights, I am willing to suck it up. I know the view would be amazing.

22) See a Broadway play in New York.

23) Go a year without coloring my hair. Maybe at 39 I’ll do that. I’m curious to whether I will have any gray hair by then.

24) Play Heart and Soul on the piano.

25) See Josh Groban in concert.

26) Own a Chevy Malibu. This may happen sooner than later if I get a job closer to home!

27) Go on another cruise…anywhere but the Bahamas.

28) Delete my facebook account. Another thing that I am obsessed with. Sometimes it seems that I spend more time with it than I do Matt.

29) Learn to sew. My mother in law made curtains for my dining room. I want to be able to do that for the rest of my house.

30) Continue blogging. It’s very therapeutic and so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Cross #20 off your list - I heard it's miserable. You can't drink or pee. :)

    And I can teach you #24.

    Good list.

    ReplyDelete