Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Still No Time...

I'm 30. But this blog has nothing to do with that.

Last Monday I started my new job. Due to the time change (since I work in Indiana now) I just knew that getting home at 4:30 would leave me with so much free time. I just new that I would finally have the opportunity to sit down at the computer (without feeling guilty that Matt has no clean underwear) and to do the thing I love best...write. Regrettably, it hasn't. Somehow that extra time has been spent doing other things around the house that I never had time to do or wasn't too tired to do previously.

Obsessively cleaning the floors and catching up on laundry have become my new hobby. Instead of making a list of things to write about, I find myself making lists of what to clean or organize next. It's a problem. Even at its dirtiest, the house is not even close to being uninhabitable. Although, more times than not I feel ashamed and embarassed that my house is not perfect. Again, it's a problem. Matt will agree.

Alas, I have taken a few moments from my new routine to write this. It is short and sweet,that is for sure. But it is the truth. Now back to the decontamination.

Cleanliness to next to godliness. ~John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment